Tuesday, May 7, 2013

The downloaded test for Year 4

In one of the confirmation emails I received a question which I thought was a good one to be answered for you all;

I have downloaded the test papers and will post them as soon as ****** has finished them. I do have one question  about the papers.
It does give you a set amount of time do do the test. Do I have to time ****** for this amount of time or can he carry on until he is finished?



The answer to this is, allow him or her the 50 minutes [they don't have to do this all in one sitting] and if they haven't finished place a mark at the point they reach and then let them finish. At the moment it really doesn't matter how long it takes, just what they can and cannot do. We will work on exam techniques later but at the moment these tests are daunting enough!!


Yes, to another question I received, you can mark them which is why I enclosed the answers for you to go through once they have done the work. You don't have to go through the papers with them afterwards or worry, you really should clear up the areas he/she didn't get right, this will happen automatically throughout the course with me.


Any other questions please come back to me and I wil do my best to answer them, but in the meantime,


Watch this space


and more articles will be posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment