Monday, February 25, 2013

MP3 Files as tests - 11+ information

Over the half term break I have been playing around with producing MP3 files to accompany the Verbal Reasoning Words Manual and have produced the tests for Words List 7 up to and including Word List 11. 

I am hoping this will make the situation easier for those of you who have Apple software and have been having problems getting the Power Points to open and play. Obviously, these files are just spoken and there will be no words list in front of the students whilst they complete the tests; if you wish your child to have a list then feel free to give them a copy of the list, making sure it hasn't all the definitions on them.

Short MP4s on their way

I am also exploring the possibilities of producing some MP4 material which you will be able to download onto any device which is MP4 compatible.

 I am hoping, yet again, this will alleviate the Power Point issues and distraught parents unable to access revision materials.

These files will eventually cover varying aspects of the 11+ scheme, whichever guise it chooses to take in the end, as well as Key Stage 2 and 3 mathematics and English. Eventually I want to produce some revision for GCSE mathematics as well, but that will not happen in the near future.

One produced, I will let you know on the blog and if there is anyone who would like any of this revision material who is not at present on my tutoring list, please feel free to contact me and we can have a chat.

No comments:

Post a Comment